I made a pretty gigantic list for this year, considering I usually only have one, and it’s usually “get skinny”. Fifty-five pounds later, my aspirations are a little higher. That being said, I have been only partially diligent. I figure if I post them online, perhaps I might feel a deeper sense of accountability.
- Lose twenty more pounds. That makes it 185. This is gonna be difficult, considering I have successfully plateaued around 200ish pounds.
- Finish the first draft of The Cell. “The Cell” is the code name I’ve been using for the first book of the series I am writing with my roommate. By “with”, I mean I’m doing all the work. -.- It is killing me.
- Buy a car. My tax return probably won’t be all that exciting, but maybe it will be just enough to get me closer if I pinch every penny…
- Go back for the dogs. My dad wants us to come back in the Spring, and my roommate is really jazzed about going, and has apparently been saving money for it (since I can’t), but I don’t know if the other pieces of the giant puzzle are going to cooperate. There is a lot involved…
- Do. Not. Dye. Your. Hair. It’s limp and thin and sad and I think about it every day. I feel like I’ve ruined my hair; like I literally have half as much as I used to. It is a constant source of sick anxiety.
- Replace or repair your computer, and a equip a webcam and video editing software. I wanna start video blogging. Also, my laptop is geriatric and it needs updating.
- Blog at least once a week. I am totally failing at this one, but consider this my promise to rectify the matter.
- Get your GED. I have the prep book, but I have no idea where or when the classes are, so I need to get the fuck on that. I can’t get a good job without at least a GED on my resume, and once the lease is up, Jennifer and I can’t get a house to keep my dogs in unless I can pitch in, which I definitely cannot do with $8/hr. and less than 40 hours a week.
- Start drawing again. I can barely sketch anymore. I used to be really good. What happened?
- Find online courses to begin the next step in your education. After the GED, I should probably do that college thing. I hear it helps smart people have futures.
- Save a million dollars by couponing for groceries. I have a friend on Facebook who is a semi-pro. I wanna try my hand at it, especially since I wouldn’t feel right getting food stamps.
- Read one Kindle book a month, and start reading the books on the red shelf in between every month. I’m doing good on this one, except I haven’t picked up a book yet from my red shelf. Maybe I’ll go do that now.
- Get health insurance. Seriously. Although, I have no idea how to do this without a better job…
- Replace your glasses. It’s been over a year, and I can feel that my prescription needs updating. I also want to talk to a doctor about corrective lenses. Maybe I can get my sans-glasses sight back.
- See an OB/GYN; check-up, birth control. I’ve never been to one. Shut up, I know, it’s been way too long for me not to have seen one. I hate doctors. Anyway, I need to start being more responsible about my reproductive health, and I think I owe it to my relationship and my sanity to investigate other methods of BC outside of latex and paranoia.
- Start thanking same-sex couples for holding hands in public. I have done this once already, with an adorable girl/girl couple who held hands as they walked back into the garage from the courthouse. They were very sweet, and seemed genuinely touched when I thanked them for not being afraid to show affection in public, when so many members of the Community still are.
- Dance. Meaning Just Dance 4; it used to be my cardio. It needs to be again.
- Speak and text Spanglish as much as possible when dealing with Spanish speakers, to take a few steps closer to bilingualism. I was going to do this with Daniel, but he seems to believe this is a useless pursuit, so while he’s eating a pile of shit, I’ll just have to find someone else.
As you can see, it’s a pretty hefty list. Clearly, some are more intensive than others, and some have not been included because I do not consider them appropriate for a public post. I have SOME sense of privacy left.
It’s only January. I might even succeed.